The Community Advocacy Resource/Education (CARe) Team provides case management support and facilitates access to free and low-cost health services for eligible HIV positive people living in Santa Cruz County.
The CARe Team provides linkage to the following services:
- Referrals to HIV Antibody counseling & testing
- Early intervention services
- Outpatient medical care and referral to medical care
- Pharmacy, lab, and x-ray services
- Referral to Nutrition counseling
- Referral/linkage to Specialty care
- Referral/linkage to Dental care (prevention and treatment)
- Behavioral Health Services and referral to behavioral health services
- Chemical dependency referrals
- Public Health Nurse/Social Worker Case Management
- Referrals to and enrollment in State assistance programs (AIDS Drug Assistance Program, AIDS Medi-Cal Waiver Program, etc.)
- Referrals to and coordination with community groups (Santa Cruz AIDS Project, Homeless Persons Health Project (HPHP), etc.)
- Referrals for home health services and coordination with community groups (Santa Cruz AIDS Project) and inter-agency programs (Homeless Persons Health Project (HPHP)).
- Description of Care Team Services
The Care Team, and related clinical, dental and mental health services are funded by Ryan White Part C (RW Part C) and other State, County and Federal funds.
Quality Management Activities
Ryan White Part C Quality Management activities support our mission of protecting and improving the health of people in Santa Cruz County who have HIV or are at risk of infection with HIV. Click here to view information about Quality Management Activities.